"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



FOGGY.


For my 3-5 readers out there, I would like to apologize for not writing more last month.  As I mentioned in my last blog, I love to write and when I don't I feel like my thoughts are trapped. However, with the exception of this past week, I have what Lyme doctors call "brain fog."  Brain fog is pretty much what it sounds like: fuzziness in your brain.  It's difficult to focus, difficult to process and difficult to make quick decisions (which is why I rarely drive).  I have DEFINITELY had incredible progress in this area of my sickness over the past 3 months, which makes a world of difference in my day-to day life.  However, I still struggle some days with reading and always have a hard time driving.  Luckily, writing seems to be the easiest mental activity with brain fog, which is pretty much amazing!

This past week I have had the clearest mind I have had for months, which means I have been working as much as possible on my children's writing, which I absolutely love.  However, I have not been able to get to my blog too much.  For this, I apologize.  My brain fog is not something I foresee going away anytime soon, so my blog will probably be off-and-on.  However, please don't stop checking periodically for new entries.  Also, I really love feedback, thoughts, quotes, etc.  They encourage me to keep processing and writing all the things that God is teaching me and challenging me with in a difficult space in my life.    

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WRITE ON...feel HIS pleasure when you write. You are special. Awesome to hear that you have been able to be clear enough to work on your childrens stories. :)

Anonymous said...

I pray for your health every day. I think you are a great writer and look forward to reading your novel one day.....

Evan said...

Bree

I think its awesome that you have this creative outlet to get your thoughts out for others to read and benefit from. You really are an amazing talented and gifted writer. Continue to glorify God through the trials

Bree said...

Thanks for all your comments, everyone! It means a lot to me!