"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



ISOLATE.

(Photo by: N. Johnson)
Both sickness and writing create the same problem in my life: Isolation.  For a poor extrovert like myself,  this is a mild form of torture.  (Okay, perhaps I'm being a bit dramatic, but it has been a very long day and I am utterly exhausted.)


The problem is that I don't have a choice whether to be sick, so I can't really change that.  On my worst days of sickness, I honestly don't even like to talk very much.  (For those of you who know me- you know this is very strange indeed).  But writing is definitely my choice.  I mostly write children's stories, but also like to write poems and hope to write a novel someday. 

I recently went through all my old stuff in in my closet and found a ridiculous amount of journals- about 4 per year since I was in Junior High until now.  I can't help but let my thoughts out on paper.  I think my head would have exploded if I had all those thoughts inside of me from Junior High until now.


It is so strange to me that I often feel like writing as soon as I start feeling better.  You would think that an extrovert like myself would just want to get out and see people and talk (and believe me, on my good days, I do).  However, there is a part of my that is shut down or cut off when I am sick.  It is that part of me that cannot sleep until I write down my thoughts.  It is that part of me that like to analyze and make something new that has never been made before.  It is like my Lyme Disease traps that inside of me and it is just dying to get a breath of air.


Breathe.  Just breathe.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you write and share your heart D3. God has given you a voice.

Tara said...

I have a box of journals from Jr. High too. It's like the only way I can really think is on paper.