"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



LIFELESS.

So I've basically gotten out of the house three times this week: one quick trip to Blockbuster, one visit to my sis, and one date with Steve and another couple.  That's it.  The rest of the week, I have literally spent in my bed.  Usually, even at my worst, I at least migrate to the couch downstairs.  Not this week.  This week is an 'in-bed' week for a couple of reasons.  One is that, on top of my usual Lyme symptoms, I got some kind of a cold...Just the usual sore throat, achey feeling type of thing.  Plus, I've had stomach problems on top of it all, which just makes for a lovely week. 

Today when I woke up, I felt worse than ever.  My body feels so heavy that I have found myself scooting instead of walking at some points, because I'm too tired to make normal movements.  When people are around me, I find myself almost opening my mouth to speak and then refraining, simply because I need to save my strength.  I'm too tired to talk.

Usually when I write on my blog, it is for the purpose of sharing an insight or a meaningful experience.  But today, I think I just want to be heard.  When I'm sick, typing is easier than speaking and writing is easier than reading.  I guess I just wanted to get my thoughts out there without summing it up into a neat package.  Today is a hard day and I wanted someone to know it. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it, Bree.
A.