"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Steady.

The last few weeks have been remarkably steady-- all things considered.  I've been able to keep up a regular (albeit very light) exercise regiment, even with my aches and pains and exhaustion as well as maintain a steady and healthy 2,000 calorie diet.  Considering my place in life, I feel great about it!  Lyme has taken away the impression (false though it may be) that most people have that they are in control of their days and their activities.  And yet, being able to keep up the regimen suggested by my doctor on a daily basis, gives me confidence that I carry with me through my days!

0 comments: