"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



15.

Fifteen stinking minutes-- that is all the exercise I'm trying to do per day this summer.... 15 minutes.  It's not like I'm trying to sprint; I'm walking, for goodness sake.  And yet, I'm finding it's a bit too much for my body.  I've been able to do it 3 days this week, which wasn't bad.  However, I find myself weak in the evenings from it.  I remember feeling that way when I was healthy and I would do a FULL work out.  That's when NORMAL feel tired-- after doing something significant.  Honestly, I feel like I'm the biggest wimp ever.

I do have to say that it is amazing what a small amount of movement does for your body.  It feels good to realize have your muscles still exist.

Okay, I'm done pouting.  To be honest, I'm excited I'm doing any sort of movement at all.  I lose perspective sometimes.  I remember a time when walking to the kitchen from the living room would cause my whole body to shake.

As C.S Lewis says: "Comparison is the thief of Joy."  

I guess for me, 15 minutes is something to celebrate.

2 comments:

Lynn White said...

You are not alone in these frustrations...the more we recover and move forward the more we become frustrated with our limitations! Take care of your body and mind and enjoy what you can do. We are rejoicing with you that you are moving forward after such a long set-back.

Bree said...

Thank you, Lynn. It's nice to know I'm not alone!