"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Harvest.

As I sit here this morning, reveling in my breakfast of oatmeal with soymilk and fresh peaches, I feel a sense of newness washing over my being.  These past few years have felt like I've been constantly working on my illness with little or no return.  Of course, getting married in the midst of it all, was an enormous BRIGHT spot in the hard work of recovery.  But I've felt such a weight over my life, my goals and my future.  Will this illness keep me from my passion of teaching forever?  Will I ever get back to 'normal' life?   Will I ever get to travel with my husband as we always dreamed?  (We both have a major passion for travel and photography-- two interests which are fast friends.)   The last two weeks, I've turned a corner--
emotionally and physically-- and suddenly it feels as though, for the first time in this arduous journey, things are going to be all right.  I can't go back to work yet-- of that I am sure.  However, life is offering me little handfuls of fresh summer fruit...  Through a series of serendipitous events and the generosity of a friend, Steve and I are going to Italy this fall! It is quite a miraculous thing indeed...  I have no idea how my body will react to the travel or how I will feel when I'm there, but that is really beside the point.  The point is that, because of the blessings of God and the faithful work and prayers of my family, I am getting better.  It is not complete (and may never be on this side of heaven), but it is progress.  It is hope.  Because of God's blessings, I am LIVING life...Try and stop me. :)

0 comments: