"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Bubbly.

I feel a bubbling newness in me today.  It is rather exciting.  The streak of increased physical and mental energy continues today, even after a day in the sun yesterday.  (If you don't know already, Lyme Disease + sun +heat = 3 couch days. )   I'm not to attribute this energy to... In fact, when I feel good, I try to simply appreciate it and not ask questions!  It is very empowering to wake with energy.  I often wonder if this is what 'normal' people feel like?  I think for those who are well (myself included, when I have a long streak of wellness), it is easy to get used to health, to forget that it is a blessing.  It is not the status quo.  It is actually like God put money in your account for you.  ("Here's enough to get you through the day, Bree... I hear him whisper.)   Energetic days are like a 'bonus' at work: unexpected, extra, and exciting.  Some people get a bonus every day, while others only get one here or there.  And yet, for those of us who get infrequent bonuses, I believe we appreciate them more.  While everyone else is going through their day in a hum-drum manner, us 'sickies' are jumping up and down: excited to make it to the grocery store AND the bank AND do laundry in ONE DAY.  Wow. :)

0 comments: