"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



WANDER.

One of my life’s greatest luxuries is allowing my thoughts to wander. When I am busy, my thoughts are always related to action. When I am tired, my thoughts cannot usually drift, for they are always pointed directly at sleep, like an arrow. It is when my mind is truly clear, when the only sound I hear is the faint sound of the Swell Season, when I can smell the aroma of a fresh cup of licorice tea, when I am bundled in a huge blanket of warmth…It is then and only then can my thoughts wander to things I truly care about. To me, that is when I am most at rest.

0 comments: