"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



WHY.

Confession: the idea of making my own blog scares me to death. It’s such a strange concept to bear your soul and thoughts over the Internet when you do not know exactly who will be reading them. Yet there is something within me that desires to share what I have learned about life through my battle with Lyme Disease. Whether you are healthy or struggling with chronic sickness, I hope that some of the thoughts that I share will meet you in some helpful way. If you have Lyme, I hope I can be a resource and encouragement in your healing process as so many people have been to me. If nothing else, I think that people who are sick need to know that they are not alone- not only in a general sense, but in the very specific emotions that accompany chronic sickness. I think we all need that kind of connection with one another. As C.S. Lewis says, “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”

0 comments: