"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Blur.

If you are someone who deals with sickness on a daily basis, you know exactly what I mean when I say-- I have difficulty finding my place.  At the risk of repeating myself, it is as though life is rushing past and here I stand, watching everyone live from a distance.  It is not always a bad thing.  There are advantage to sickness, believe it or not.  One of the greatest advantages would be perspective.  Most people live and drive at 78 mph. While this may get them to their destinations more quickly, there is a lot to be seen from the passengers side window that is a blur when you are the driver.  With that said, I prefer driving.  Fast.  And yet, there is something wise about accepting your place in society as an observer and making making the most of it.

0 comments: