"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Stuck.

I feel really stuck right now in my writing.  I wouldn't call it writer's block, per se.  I would call it frustrating.  I finished a rough draft of my first teen novel.  It's far from smooth as this point and yet I believe it has potential.  I really want to keep up my daily writing routine (Starbucks- Earl Grey tea, my mac and a pair of headphones,) but I'm not sure what I'd write.  I have a couple of 'maybe' projects on the back burner, but I'm not sure about them.  I'm having a friend review my novel right now, hoping to get some insight.  When I get my manuscript back, I suppose I will keep going on my revision process, but I feel like I'm losing steam.

Ugg....The writer's life... I'm off to one of my 'maybe' projects now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are writing! Keep it up!

Tara

Bree said...

Hey thanks! This comment slipped through the cracks somehow! here's my writing blog if you are interested!

http://fillupthepages.blogspot.com