"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Sunlight.

My doctor has me keep a log of my daily energy levels.  It is not something I relish doing and yet it has been one of the most helpful ways of tracking my health and emotional state as I walk through the long corridors of sickness.

This morning I reached for my log, realizing I had forgotten to write in it for several days and I was struck by a realization that this month has been a hard one.  For those of you who have been around me, you might not have seen it on the outside.  It is not at though this month has been one where I've been bedridden.  I've gone to movies, hung out with friends and made social engagements.  And yet, there has been a host of medical issues that I've been dealing with on a daily basis...Fighting with, actually.  And to be honest, sometimes the functioning like a 'normal person' while having to fight the underlying battles is almost harder than just staying home.

The good news is, the sun is peaking its head through the clouds.  Yesterday, I went to my mother-in-laws and took photographs for her new 'Sweet Little Cakes' business.   I felt so alive with the camera in my hand again, thinking creatively without so much as an effort and scurrying around their property identifying good lighting and backdrops for the shoot.  It felt amazing.

This morning, I woke up and wrote in the log (under Tuesday, June 20th), I finally felt energetic!  Compared to the rest of the month, that day looked pretty good. :)

Here are a few pics I took yesterday!









http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Little-Cakes-by-Donna/113802398699600.   
(website coming very soon!) 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your words are an inspiration...glad you are feeling energetic today.

Bree said...

Thanks, me too!

Natalia Lynn said...

Hey! Great post! I am so glad to feel like you are feeling energetic! Hopefully this will continue!

Jodi Elliott said...

I love the pictures. Great job and presentation... I am one of your biggest fans....

Nancy Rosso said...

Incredible You! My Nephew is a lucky man. Keep writing, growing and enjoying life even though......

Bree said...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! brightening my day!