"God is more interested in your character than your comfort..."

"...I used to think that life was hills and valleys…I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life…You can focus on your purposes, or you can focus on your problems. If you focus on your problems, you're going into self-centeredness, "which is my problem, my issues, my pain." But one of the easiest ways to get rid of pain is to get your focus off yourself and onto God and others.” ~R. Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Crunch.

I've found myself chopping things lately.  You know: broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc...Anything you could put into a stew...  I've also found myself chewing on gum and carrots more than usual. I believe it's because I'm frustrated with many things right now.  

You know those posters that they have up in school that say '100 things to do instead of drugs'?  And then it says: ride a scooter or something brilliant?  I feel like my life has turned into one of those posters lately.  While I don't have a disposition for drugs, I do have the 'I'm a 'type A' personality and I'm annoyed with still being sick tendency.  

And so I will chop and chew and crunch away my frustration...I guess it's better than a lot of alternatives.  
If you have other suggestions, feel free...

0 comments: